Nipper and Cisco configuration results

Jo¢ jbfixurpc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 02:03:17 UTC 2009

Subba,

 I've not heard or used this product (Nipper) before, so I cannot confirm
what the reasoning is for this. I can tell you that
based on the captures at the wire this appears to be a false-positive. It
appears there is a simuliar question being
asked on their (Nipper's) forums. My guess is it (Nipper) is using the
logging from the Cisco devices in error to claim this as an issue. If it’s
not given access to the Cisco devices other than a network feed not
snmp/logins/syslogging/works/etc, I as well as many others would surely be
interested.

Forum reference (which hasn't been answered at this time)
Ref:
http://nipper.titania.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72&sid=8f7bc0ec62d41b
09cd977eb7e72d1f6e

I would be interested to know if you find out the reasoning for this, of
course offlist would be fine.

Regards,
-Joe Blanchard