Renesys Blog Article [Was: Re: the Intercage mess]

Henry Linneweh hrlinneweh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 04:39:02 UTC 2008

If a consensus can be reached here, we have seen a rise in this, that does raise concerns
of a RIAA/MPAA type of mindset, which is detrimental

vigilante Definition  vigi·lante (vij′ə lan′tē, -län′-)
noun
	1. a member of a vigilance committee
	2. any individual who acts outside of legal authority, often violently, to punish or avenge a crime, right a perceived wrong, etc.
vigi·lan·tism (vij′ə lan′tiz′əm, -län′-; vij′ə lən tiz′əm)
noun
the lawless, violent methods, spirit, etc. of vigilantes

vigilantism Related Forms
vig′i·lan′·tist adjective

vigilantism Usage Examples
Noun used with modifier
	* 'Internet: But this has come under fire from many who see it as an example of 'Internet vigilantism ' that could destabilize Internet trading.
Adjective modifier
	* self-appointed: We must, moreover, take action which is firm enough to pre-empt action by self-appointed vigilantes. =========================================================================