Estonian Cyber Security Strategy document -- now available online

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Sep 26 14:08:35 UTC 2008

Hello.

The Estonian cyber security strategy document is now available online.
I must say once again the concept of a national cyber security stance is quite
interesting.

I decided to send a message to NANOG as the "fields of activity" part of
the document clearly mentions ISPs in relation to national security and
infrastructure:

" 12
The growing number of Internet services means that the dependence of our
daily activities and lifestyle on the security and proper functioning of
information technology increases incessantly. The Internet is an important
element of Estonia's critical information infrastructure: it is used daily
by the majority of Estonian enterprises and state agencies as well as by
more than half the population. The key components of Estonia’s critical
information infrastructure, which constitute the IT infrastructure used by
enterprises and agencies in the provision of e- services, include:
Internet service providers, the name servers of the state, Estonia's
root domain, network nodes, service servers and the firewalls of public
and private organisations. The seamless operation of this infrastructure
is vital to the daily functioning of the Estonian economy."

Those who wish to download the document:
http://www.mod.gov.ee/?op=body&id=518

My contact there specified she'd be happy to answer any questions. To avoid
spam of her inbox, email me for her address.

Gadi Evron.