ARIN Routing Registry vs RADB vs X

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Fri Sep 26 13:42:10 UTC 2008

On 25 Sep 2008, at 18:55, Craig Holland wrote:

> ...ones that only originate from RADB.  This is the part that I found
> strange considering the ARIN records are in (show up in) RADB and they
> are what most would consider a trusted source.

The only RPSL repository that I know of that has any semblance of
trustworthiness is the RIPE db, and then, only for resources that were
assigned or allocated by the RIPE NCC.

The ARIN RR contains just as much cruft as any of the other non-RIPE
registries, in my experience. The RADB is nothing special in this
regard. Filtering objects with source RPSL and discarding those with
source elsewhere is surely all fail and no win. Sounds like someone
needs a beating from the cluestick.

Joe