ARIN Routing Registry vs RADB vs X

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Thu Sep 25 22:51:21 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> I recently ran across a situation where a large ISP only accepts IRR
> entries generated by RADB to build their path filters.  I use the ARIN
> Routing Registry.  Is this a common practice?  Should I convert over to
> RADB?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Since 2002, the RADB has included entries that originate with ARIN. The RADB
also includes records from numerous other databases. That's what the
'source:' tag is for.

Are you saying the ISP only accepts entries they can pull from the RADB? Or
only entries that originate with the RADB? If the former, you're fine. Your
ARIN records are in the RADB.

DS