rackmount managed PDUs

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Thu Sep 25 17:32:25 UTC 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Paul Stewart wrote:

> We have a lot of APC managed power bars (zero U vertical, and 19" 1U
> rackmount) and they work great.  We SNMP manage them and access them
> via
> web - they just work, and work well for our needs.  Tripplite we've
> had
> issues with over time, especially their UPS units (SNMP sucks on
> them).

I agree with this - we use APCs and the remote access is very useful.

Note that 20 Amp and below units use standard 110 Volts and you can
just plug them in,
but the 40 Amp units (and I would presume above)
require 3 phase 220 volt power, and that generally requires a licensed
electrician for installation.

Regards
Marshall