the Intercage mess

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Thu Sep 25 02:52:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:28 -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
> > John Bambenek wrote:
> >> When there is no law to speak of all that is left is tribal justice.
> >
> > this way lies lynch mobs
> >
> > shall we at least apply a vernier of civilization?
> >

> I think that _more_than_reasonable_ background research, historical record,
> etc. have met the qualifications of "civilized vernier". The outcry was,
> and is not, arbitrary.

No, but forcing them offline now that they are taking a new approach to
handling abuse is ridiculous.

Intercage are reaching out to the anti-abuse community and yet some
people on NANOG keep interfering with the cleanup process. How do you
expect them to clean up their network and return to normal operations
(with considerably less abuse) if it keeps being disconnected?

The shit isn't even there anymore. These kids have moved it elsewhere.
Intercage have learned their lesson, just leave them alone and let the
people who have *real* problems (e.g. me, Andrew Kirch of AHBL,
Spamhaus, Gadi, etc.) with Intercage deal with this.

If anyone has any issue with Atrivo/Intercage that still needs
rectification: please contact me or Andrew Kirch offlist and we will
bring it to their attention. We have contact with these people, and they
are listening and taking action to clean up their network.

If not, then please stop with this thread. It's not helpful, and it's
certaintly counter-productive.

William