Atrivo/Intercage

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Thu Sep 25 02:05:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, William Pitcock wrote:
> No, but others have, and it isn't helpful towards resolving this
> problem.
>
> Ultimately, neither is forcing them off the internet. Well, in
> actuality, that resolves part of the problem, but I suspect that a lot
> of the affected cybercrime has moved to other networks by now... so in
> reality the real problem isn't solved (except that the problem is mostly
> being moved away from Intercage). And shutting down ISPs who host these
> guys will solve nothing either. They will jump providers until the end
> of time.

The fear is evolution in technological advancement they may make rather
than just where they will scatter to, but that is a solid point. Still, we
have seen in the past that they evolve regardless. The future will tell
whether this was a foolishness, or a step in the right directions.

> The solution here is to go after the *people* who make this crap. They
> *are* breaking the law and we have the proof.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, that isn't happening. Whethr I like
it or not there are two layers of attackers. The initiator, and the proxy.
The proxy is on networks, and networks we can reach out to.

 	Gadi.