William Pitcock nenolod at
Wed Sep 24 20:50:20 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 17:54 -0700, Scott Weeks wrote:
> --- nenolod at wrote:
> I have also noticed that most of the people doing the whining aren't
> even the people who are tracking the problem. Again, a case of the NANOG
> story verses the real story...
> --------------------------------------
> I didn't whine.

No, but others have, and it isn't helpful towards resolving this

Ultimately, neither is forcing them off the internet. Well, in
actuality, that resolves part of the problem, but I suspect that a lot
of the affected cybercrime has moved to other networks by now... so in
reality the real problem isn't solved (except that the problem is mostly
being moved away from Intercage). And shutting down ISPs who host these
guys will solve nothing either. They will jump providers until the end
of time.

The solution here is to go after the *people* who make this crap. They
*are* breaking the law and we have the proof.