YAY! Re: Atrivo/Intercage: NO Upstream depeer

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Sep 24 09:23:01 UTC 2008

> It is clear to me -- at least -- that this entire criminal
> operation is being operated out of Eastern Europe, and their
> foothold in the U.S. is the major issue here.

If you believe that this is a criminal operation then you
should keep this discussion OFF THE LIST and discourage
anyone from taking any action against the bad guys that
might disrupt evidence gathering. If this is a criminal
matter, then it is best to keep quiet, collect good evidence,
and go to court. Better to get a court injunction ordering
them to stop sending malware, and then collect evidence
showing that they violated the injunction. To do this,
they need to have functioning upstream connections to your
network.

NANOG is not the place to discuss these things.

None of this is network operational. The whole discussion
amounts to a shouting match between vigilantes and their
victims. Some of those victims might also be bad guys, but
a shouting match on NANOG does not prove this one way or
the other.

--Michael Dillon