Atrivo/Intercage

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Wed Sep 24 03:12:43 UTC 2008

> On Sep 22, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Tom Sparks (Applied Operations) wrote:
> > I also don't believe Intercage was complicit in any
> > net-crime; Thats not to say it didn't exist, but more along the lines
> > of they got lost in the noise of running a business.
>
> Which is not acceptable.  You answer your abuse complaints, you shut
> down your spammers.  Period, end of subject.

That's a bit '90's.  I'll settle for s/answer/handle/, because I don't
think that most sites are willing to actually discuss abuse issues with
random folks submitting complaints, and so that leaves you with either
sending a form letter of some sort, or not saying anything.  Further,
many places seem to send form letters but not do anything.  I am not
sure that there is much (or any) value-add in sending a response, unless
further information is needed.

>From my point of view, the best response is when the problem simply goes
away.  A personal reply (rather than a form letter) is also generally a
really good sign that someone cares enough to show that they're doing
something, but again that seems to be the exception rather than the
norm.  The Afterburner experience, however, should be an excellent
example for the difference that simply *showing* you care and are doing
something makes.

... JG