Seattle Peering

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Tue Sep 23 22:13:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Michael K. Smith wrote:
> Hello Paul:
>
> On 9/18/08 8:01 AM, "Paul Stewart" <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net> wrote:
> > Hi folks...
> >
> > We're working on some plans to peer in the Seattle area.  Choices so far
> > considered are SIX and PAIX Seattle pretty much....
> >
> > I was of the impression that if you get a port on one of these
> > exchanges, you can connect to the other one as well?  Just looking for
> > clarification from folks who are connected out there..;)  Any charges to
> > go between the exchanges or it just included?
>
> Speaking from the SIX side, there is no charge to connect to the fabric if
> you supply the optics, and there is a one-time fiber cross connect charge of
> $200.00 US.  The SIX and PAIX are directly connected and you can peer across
> the fabric.  The SIX page is http://www.seattleix.net for more info or you
> can email me directly.

And keep in mind that while the SIX and PAIX-SEA are directly connected,
the exchanges are on different VLANs from the perspective of a PAIX-SEA
connection.

If you connect on the SIX side, you can only reach the SIX fabric.  No
MRC.

If you connect on the PAIX-SEA side, you can reach both the SIX fabric and
the PAIX-SEA fabric via a single router port.  For MRC talk to an S&D rep.

Chris