Atrivo/Intercage

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Tue Sep 23 14:39:13 UTC 2008

> On Sep 22, 2008, at 4:33 PM, Tom Sparks (Applied Operations) wrote:
> > Intercage is not a big shop, there are very few people involved in
> > running it
>
> I have no dog in this fight, but I would comment on the "small shop"
> issue as it relates to handling abuse complaints.
>
> I own a small colo/hosting shop too.  We don't have many employees.
> If we had to deal with so many abuse complaints that things were
> "getting lost in the noise", I'd have to seriously examine my AUP and
> associated enforcement policies, add staff to handle abuse issues, or
> both.  Being small isn't an excuse.  In fact, a small shop that runs a
> clean network should be far better at handling abuse issues than the
> larger players could ever hope to be.

I would have to agree with this latter bit.  We count incidents per YEAR.
On a hand.  Mostly because we haven't made a habit of accepting random
clients, I guess, but were it a problem, it would be made not to be.

Being proactive is a big part of this.  For example, when ARIN began to
allow abuse contacts for IP space, we fairly quickly registered a POC
for it.

... JG