favourite XFP supplier?

Adam Rothschild asr+nanog at latency.net
Mon Sep 22 21:38:46 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-22-15:01:35, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:
> Anybody have a preferred supplier for 10GE XFPs, multimode and
> singlemode?

Fluxlight (www.fluxlightinc.com) is good source for 10GBASE-SR and LR
XFPs.  They tend to keep an inventory, often able to ship on the day
of order; their web store works; they run a reputable shop, and are
fully understanding of "I'll need a tracking number ASAP, otherwise
the facility you're sending them to might reject the shipment" -- all
in all, a real win.

If you have a Dell Premier account, you might want to check there, as
they usually have XFPs listed at steep discount...

If you're looking for exotics, such as ZR-D (DWDM), going with a
Finisar reseller is a safe bet.  I've had particularly good dealings
with Cube Optics AG.  (Fair warning: these are tougher to source on
short notice.)

HTH,
-a