Seattle Peering

Michael K. Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Sep 18 15:36:58 UTC 2008

Hello Paul:

On 9/18/08 8:01 AM, "Paul Stewart" <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net> wrote:

> Hi folks...
>
> We're working on some plans to peer in the Seattle area.  Choices so far
> considered are SIX and PAIX Seattle pretty much....
>
> I was of the impression that if you get a port on one of these
> exchanges, you can connect to the other one as well?  Just looking for
> clarification from folks who are connected out there..;)  Any charges to
> go between the exchanges or it just included?

Speaking from the SIX side, there is no charge to connect to the fabric if
you supply the optics, and there is a one-time fiber cross connect charge of
$200.00 US.  The SIX and PAIX are directly connected and you can peer across
the fabric.  The SIX page is http://www.seattleix.net for more info or you
can email me directly.

I have no idea about charges related to PAIX.

Mike
SIX Tech Guy Hat On