Atrivo/Intercage: Now Only 1 Upstream

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed Sep 17 18:27:13 UTC 2008

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 13:34:22 Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 2008, at 1:32 PM, David Ulevitch wrote:
>>> At the end of the day, nobody is going to drop packets for amazon's
>>> IP space.
>
>> I'm afraid reality disagrees with you - there already are networks
>> doing it.
>
> Indeed.  Google's e-mail servers get on the various DNSBL's frequently.

I occasionally get in to an argument with a customer who is trying to
get mail from someone after a spam run came out of a google mail server
and landed it on a DNSBL. The argument presented to me always boils down
to "Google could never do anything wrong" or "Google is too big to do
anything wrong" and I should immediately stop recommending any DNSBL
that would dare to block Google.

~Seth