community real-time BGP hijack notification service

Arnaud de Prelle arnaud at pnzone.net
Fri Sep 12 14:25:26 UTC 2008

Andy Davidson wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2008, at 13:49, Nathan Ward wrote:
>
>> On 12/09/2008, at 10:42 PM, Gadi Evron wrote:
>>> Hi, WatchMy.Net is a new community service to alert you when your prefix
>>> has been hijacked, in real-time.
>> I just had a quick play with this, as I've been considering hacking
>> together something similar.
>
> Everyone with any interest in this topic should look at the MyASN
> service from the RIPE NCC (which I use and think is brilliant).
>
> http://www.ris.ripe.net/myasn.html

I think that most of us (me included) are already using it but the
problem is that they don't have BGP collectors everywhere in the world.
This is in fact a generic issue for BGP monitoring.

So the more we get the best it is and that's why I'll be using Gadi's
BGP monitoring tool (and any other that might come) in parallel with the
one provided by the RIPE.

Note that MyASN will soon be replaced by IS Alarms which is simpler and
as efficient as MyASN:

http://tinyurl.com/46kfd7
http://ripe.net/is/alarms/

Regards,