Teleglobe appears to be spam-source zombie network?

Yann Berthier yb at rag.byzant.net
Thu Sep 11 01:50:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, at 21:23, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On 9/10/08, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:
> > We started getting a flood of autobot spam to our listed abuse mailbox about
> > an hour ago out of Teleglobe.  Trying to find someone to shut this down has
> > found that
> >
> >  1. Teleglobe has no listed abuse contacts for any of their netblocks
> >  2. The few of their records which have listed e-mail addresses all bounce
> >  3. All listed phone numbers on any netblocks we can find are invalid
> >
> >  Any chance that RIPE is more strigent than ARIN and would pull their
> > netblocks until they fix this stuff?
>
> It's possible that in the shuffle of company
> renaming/rebranding/rejiggering-of-people they lost this bit in the
> shuffle. There's at least one TATA eng person on-list though who may
> be able to get you a status on the situation.

   while this is not me you were refering to, i contacted privately Jo
   on this matter - a customer, probably upset, decided to fire-up a
   batch of misguided spam reports

   while there is certainly outdated abuse info for some of our blocks,
   in this particular case the subnet that was allocated to us has
   up-to-date mail+phone info

   and thanks to some posters further up the thread: the abuse mailbox
   is indeed cabuse at tatacommunications.com