ingress SMTP

Eugeniu Patrascu eugen at imacandi.net
Sun Sep 7 18:30:28 UTC 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Tim Sanderson wrote:

> Anybody not wanting to use their ISP email would notice it. I see
> filtering 25 FROM the customer as something that is not likely to
> happen because of this. When a customer buys bandwidth, they want to
> be able to use it for whatever they choose. This would be just one
> more restriction giving competitive advantage to any ISP not doing
> the filtering.

In my country, some ISPs block outbound SMTP for home users and they
require those users to use the ISPs SMTP server for outgoing which
happen to do antivirus and antispam filtering.

They will unblock port 25 if you provide  good and rational
explanation why you need it open and that you understand that in case
of problems you will be held responsible.

Eugen.