SMTP rate-limits [Was: Re: ingress SMTP]

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Sep 7 01:02:13 UTC 2008

Can anyone comment authoritatively on the percentage of spam that's from a
leaky faucet compared to fire hose?  The stuff I see in my customer base are
all fire hoses at the rate of 2.5, sometimes 5 message connection attempts
per second. (I bet an academic could study the rate of spam emissions from a
certain IP to identify their upstream bandwidth).

Frank