only WV FIBER now peering with Atrivo / Intercage

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Sep 6 23:33:16 UTC 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Paul Wall wrote:

> A quick look at route-views will confirm that Atrivo is multi-homed.
> And WV Fiber is a transit provider to them, not a peer.
>
> As NANOG community members in good standing, I'm sure WV, nLayer, etc
> would take the appropriate action if you were to contact their
> respective abuse departments, *privately*, with evidence of active
> abuse on Atrivo's part.

Minor correction to your at least implied statement above: nLayer has
no direct connectivity to Atrivo, peering or transit.

Personally, I'm fine with anyone providing Atrivo transit being shamed
in public, but I understand if others do not want such traffic on the
list.

Anton's post that GX is still providing them transit is a bit curious,
since I was under the impression GX had severed all ties with Atrivo.
But the table does not lie, a path of "174 3549 27595" is clearly
transit.  GX, care to comment?

--
TTFN,
patrick