[Fwd:] Nvidia NICs with duplicate mac addresses

Jim Shankland nanog at shankland.org
Fri Sep 5 16:04:27 UTC 2008

The Nvidia NIC on the Asus motherboard on my desktop computer
spontaneously changed its MAC maybe a year ago from 00:13:d4:fe:04:ee
to 00:0b:e0:f0:00:ed.  It can still be overridden in software,
but the default MAC address -- the one stored in "ROM" -- simply
made a one-time, spontaneous, permanent change.

Nvidia NICs ... as my mother said, if you can't say anything nice,
don't say anything at all.  So the rest is silence.

Jim Shankland