BCP38 dismissal

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Sep 4 21:16:07 UTC 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Gadi Evron wrote:
> Seriously though, everyone should take care of their own end first.
> The problem is Jo doesn't seem to be in the loopon attacks from
> recent years, but I am unsure he would change his mind if he was/

Nice going, Gadi -- let's insult someone who does a good job of
protecting your network from his customers.

I spend at least 8 hours a week tracking down attacks originating from
non-BCP38 networks.  This is still a real problem, and the idea that
BCP-38 is some fad that is irrelevant now ... I have no words for this
kind of idiocy.  Everyone should be doing BCP-38.  Why don't you apply
this to your network, instead of sitting around insulting people for
your incorrect assumptions about their job?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness