BCP38 dismissal

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Sep 4 17:05:16 UTC 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> Count you which way?  You seem to agree with me.  Everyone should be
> doing both, not discounting BCP38 because they aren't seeing an
> attack right now.

No one sees attacks that BCP38 would stop?

Wow, I thought things like the Kaminsky bug were big news.  I guess
all that was for nothing?

(Yes, I am being sarcastic.  Anyone who thinks attacks which BCP 38
would stop are not happening in the wild is .. I believe the phrase
used was "confused and misinformed".)

--
TTFN,
patrick