[NANOG-announce] Important Reminders and Announcement

Betty Burke bburke at merit.edu
Wed Sep 3 17:41:10 UTC 2008

Dear NANOG Community:

Just a few reminders and a news item.

The deadline for Steering Committee Nominations is near, Tue 2008-09-09.  Complete election information is available on the NANOG website.
The new process will work if many are involved... nudge:

A great NANOG44 agenda is now posted.  Make sure to check it out and register!!
Merit, along with the entire NANOG community, appreciates the involvement and support from our sponsors.  If you are interested, please send email to nanog-support at nanog.org, as a few sponsorship opportunities for NANOG44 remain. Do not miss out on your opportunity to be part of this meeting.

As many of you know, Merit has been working to improve the NANOG.ORG website.  We are very pleased to announce the new site will be launched on Thursday morning, Sept. 4, at 7 am EST.  Members of the NANOG Steering Committee have been working with Merit, and we hope all issues have been resolved.  We believe the community will find the new site to be much more useful.

"I think the website looks great, is very professional, and a huge leap forward in functionality and usability", Philip Smith-SC Chair.

New features include:
    - Graphic and Text version of the web site
    - New presentation archive that allows for searching by NANOG meeting, year, presenter and more.
    - "Print This" feature, which will strip away page navigation for easier printing.
    - Easier web site navigation and improved appearance
    - RSS Feeds
    and much more!

The meeting archive and presentation archive are still being completed, but you will soon be able to access the remaining past meeting information.

Thanks for being a part of NANOG. We hope you check out the new site and use it to keep in touch with important issues surrounding the Internet and the NANOG community.

We look forward to seeing many of you in LA at NANOG44! and for your participation in the NANOG 2008 Elections process.  As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or issues with NANOG support activities, please feel free to send a note to NANOG-Support at nanog.org or phone us at Merit (734)764-9430.

All best.

Betty Burke
Merit/NANOG Project Manager
www.nanog.org