Washington Post: Atrivo/Intercage, why are we peering with the American RBN?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon Sep 1 19:42:10 UTC 2008

Guess I need to look in more detail, but doesn't looking at that show that
CHINANET has about half the rouge network infections of the overall network.
Sounds like if you don't do business with China, putting in a blackhole on
AS4134 (and maybe 4837 and 4812) would knock out the majority of the trouble
sites.

 Heck, and maybe I am in the dark ages, I didn't realize google was
providing that much connectivity, why the heck do they have so many infected
machines.   Unless I am just reading that stuff wrong, guess I need to take
my time and go through it.  I am not in the wholesale bandwidth game
anymore, but I have sure suffered my share of DDoS attacks, and am all for
any intelligent things I can do to help eliminate such future issues..

---
Howard Leadmon