Another driver for v6?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Oct 30 08:23:40 UTC 2008

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> But yes, how to get native to residential users is still not hammered
> out.
It's been an issuing weighing our our minds for a while.   We've gone
dual stack but getting it into the last mile (ADSL) is quite hard and
running a tunnel server is ugly.

Main issue is BRAS support from our vendor as well as ADSL CPE under
US$100 (eg.  not Cisco 8xx series).
> Quite, I think OSS/BSS is going to be a bigger challenge than actually
> moving the IPv6 packets.
Moving packets is pretty easy.   We went to dual stack in the core in
just a couple of months for a network spanning 3 continents.  Getting
our customer management systems and BRASes talking IPv6 is going to take
a lot longer.   Getting our systems group to IPv6 enable resolvers, dns
etc is also taking longer than it should.

MMC