Peering for beginners

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sat Oct 11 12:47:54 UTC 2008

On Sat Oct 11, 2008 at 03:44:49PM +0300, Konstantin Bezruchenko wrote:
> Thanks, i will look into peeringdb.com.
>
> Basically i just want to know if there is some "must have" locations in
> US, with a lot of ISP's POP on-site. Like AMS-IX in Europe.

Personally, I'd suggest LINX if you want to get into Europe :-)

PAIX and Equinix are the big facilities in the US, but they have sites
across the country - with the biggest concentrations on the East and West
coasts. If you need to get into South America, then NAP of the Americas is
probably useful.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *