DDoS Attack in Progress.

Steve Linford linford at spamhaus.org
Sat Oct 11 08:05:36 UTC 2008

On 10 Oct 2008, at 20:46, Beavis wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   DoS attack in progress, any upstream info for these guys? their
> phone number doesn't respond.
>
> inetnum:         88.247.0.0 - 88.247.79.255
> netname:         TurkTelekom
> descr:           TT ADSL-alcatel static_ulus
> country:         tr

The Spamhaus folk on this list have the address of TurkTelekom's
chief security/abuse guy who would take take of this, but we would
not be inclined to give his address to someone identifying themselves
as "Beavis" with a gmail address. Can you elaborate on who you are,
what's being DoSsed (a router, an http server, a mail server?), and
whether you can ACL the source (since you know the source is in
88.247.0.0/17, why not ACL the source at your router or at whatever
device is being DoSsed).

   Steve Linford
   The Spamhaus Project
   http://www.spamhaus.org