cnn.com - Homeland Security seeks cyber counterattack system (Einstein 3.0)

William Hamilton bill at edisys.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 11:39:04 UTC 2008

> The system "would literally, like an anti-aircraft weapon, shoot down an
> attack before it hits its target," he said. "And that's what we call
> Einstein 3.0."

Oh dear.

I cringe whenever I read such a massacre of correct English like this.

If it's going to "literally" shot down an attack like an AA weapon, are
they planning on physically launching projectiles at compromised machines
across the world and destroying them?

That really *would* be something worth seeing.