DOS attack assistance?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Nov 26 10:47:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Pete Templin wrote:

> It's coming in via 6461, but they don't appear to have any ability to
> backtrack it.  Their only offer is to blackhole the destination until
> the attack subsides.  BGP tells me the source is in AS 12322, a RIPE AS
> that has little if any information publicly visible.

>From ripe whois database:

role:           Technical Contact for ProXad
address:        Free SAS / ProXad
address:        8, rue de la Ville L'Eveque
address:        75008 Paris
phone:          +33 1 73 50 20 00
fax-no:         +33 1 73 92 25 69
remarks:        trouble:      Information: http://www.proxad.net/
remarks:        trouble:      Spam/Abuse requests: mailto:abuse at proxad.net
admin-c:        RA999-RIPE
tech-c:         FG4214-RIPE
nic-hdl:        TCP8-RIPE
mnt-by:         PROXAD-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered
abuse-mailbox:  abuse at proxad.net

Do you really call this "little if any information publically visible"?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se