How do dialup ISPs allow multiple clients under one access number?

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Mon Nov 24 16:55:59 UTC 2008

e.g. DTAG.DE aDSL, PPPoE,

it is flatrate mostly, but they use PPP for accounting data.

You are connected via a DSL modem, that is kind of ATM.
Your telephone number does not matter.

You can terminate your DSL modem with a switch and connect
five hosts each with its own user and password and even
different providers.

And you can move from the north of germany down south, connect
with your same account.

You cannot connect more than one with your account, except
when you pay for a subuser but that is like yet another account.

Kind regards
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier