NANOG Digest, Vol 10, Issue 71

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri Nov 21 21:06:09 UTC 2008

>Based on prior experience with them, when they tell you they have escalated it, often they have not, if you do not demand to wait on the phone to >speak with someone who can address your issue, getting a callback pretty much will never happen.

I agree with this 100%. They are anxious to tell you they will call you right back, but never do. You cannot let them try that if you want to get anything accomplished.

I got lucky. A backline engineer was reading my message on the outages list with his iPhone and accidently hit reply. Once he was outed, he was tremendously helpful and got us fixed within 30 minutes. He agreed that their support system was abysmal. He claimed that senior management was aware of the issues and were working to redo the entire support system, but who knows.

We are already looking at other providers.