Origin ASN seen vs Origin ASN in Whois Records Report?

Heather Schiller heather.schiller at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Nov 20 00:16:43 UTC 2008

I don't know if a report like this already exists, but I haven't been
able to find one.  Can someone (CIDR Report? BGPMon? PCH?) offer a
report that shows the discrepencies in Origin ASN according to the whois
records, and routes in the [global/public] routing table?  Publishing it
on some regular interval would be even better.

ARIN makes available a list of prefixes with OriginAS.  I don't know if
other RIR's do.

ftp://ftp.arin.net/pub/originAS/

To be clear.  I want a list of the prefixes where the actual origin ASN
seen does not match the one in the whois record.  Inconsistent Origin is
fair game here.  As a transit provider I'm interested in seeing what
prefixes I am transiting for my customers that have this discrepancy, so
something that shows the full path as part of the results would be most
helpful.

Thanks,
--Heather

  Heather Schiller	Verizon Business