Catalyst 6500 High Switch Proc

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Nov 15 22:23:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Philip L. wrote:

> This is on a Sup720-3BXL by the way:
>
> 'sh mls netflow table-con detailed:'
> Earl in Module 5
> Detailed Netflow CAM (TCAM and ICAM) Utilization
> TCAM Utilization : 100%
> ICAM Utilization : 6%
> Netflow TCAM count : 262024
> Netflow ICAM count : 8
> Netflow Creation Failures : 2085847
> Netflow CAM aliases : 0

This looks like the same issue I ran into not long ago.  Switch your
netflow over from full to sampled...you lose lots of data, but your
hardware can't handle full netflow for your traffic level.

AFAIK, your only other options are to mess with the mls aging timers
(shorten them) or buy cards with DFC and hope that gets you enough
additional netflow capacity for the interfaces your collecting.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/94953

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |