Prefix Hijack Tool Comaprision

Todd Underwood todd at renesys.com
Thu Nov 13 19:32:19 UTC 2008

hank, all,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:57:35PM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> I use all 4 - BGPmon, RIPE, PHAS, and Watchmy.net.
>
> BGPMon kicks ass on all of them.  RIPE showed up 5-6 hours later.  PHAS and
> Watchmy were nowhere to be seen.

is that a bug or a feature?

this was a non-event in a tiny corner of the internet.  it's
interesting, but it's not operationally significant.  i would not
consider the fact that PHAS and Watchmy didn't alert any particular
criticism of them.

but perhaps there was something else to which you were referring.

t.