[funsec] McColo: Major Source of Online Scams and Spams Knocked Offline (fwd)

mike mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Nov 12 03:52:55 UTC 2008

Since 11/5, my spam load has dropped from about 400,000 attempts per day
to less than 40,000 ! And most of this I had noted was comming from what
looked like compromised web hosts - eg: same host/domain name
representing 10 or 20 addresses in any given range). I am shocked at the
sudden and dramatic downtick but also equally delighted! Way to go!