Potential Prefix Hijack

Nuno Vieira - nfsi telecom nuno.vieira at nfsi.pt
Tue Nov 11 12:33:43 UTC 2008

Howdy,

We were hijacked aswell, by 27664 16735

Our affected prefixes were:

94.46.0.0/16
194.88.142.0/23
194.11.23.0/24
82.102.0.0/18
195.246.238.0/23
194.107.127.0/24
81.92.192.0/19
193.227.238.0/23

We are trying to contact them in order to get some feedback, and some good explanation for this.

In the meanwhile, there are lots of evidence spread around (thanks to RIS RIPE, Routeviews, BGPmon and others)

http://www.ris.ripe.net/dashboard/27664
http://www.ris.ripe.net/dashboard/16735

In the meanwhile we are sending notices to the Upstreams of those ASN's, in order for them to apply proper filtering to their downstream customers to avoid situations like this.

On the List i was able to found:

AS8167 - TELESC
AS6762 - SEABONE
AS12956 - TELEFONICA
AS3549 - GLOBAL CROSSING
AS17379 - Interlig

I welcome others to do the same, in order to avoid replicas for this situation.

Regards,
---
Nuno Vieira
nfsi telecom, lda.

nuno.vieira at nfsi.pt
Tel. (+351) 21 949 2300 - Fax (+351) 21 949 2301
http://www.nfsi.pt/