Ixia, Juniper going green?

Martin Hannigan Martin.Hannigan at verneglobal.com
Wed Nov 5 18:54:06 UTC 2008

Going green on your hardware is not necessarily about consumption as it is efficiency and I think that there is much difficulty in showing that on a piece of hardware without relation to capacity, cooling, or some other meaningful output. PUE is reasonable to some extent to measure a facilities efficiency.

Watts per gig or meg seems a reasonable measure for this and Force10 was talking about that ions ago, but I have to wonder why Juniper and IXIA aren't doing this in conjunction with the Green Grid.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                               hannigan at verneglobal.com <mailto:hannigan at verneglobal.com>
Verne Global                                  http://www.verneglobal.com <http://www.verneglobal.com/>