Why do some companies get depeered and some don't?

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Wed Nov 5 09:15:51 UTC 2008

I'm sure someone else must've seen it before.

Surely even assymetric peering agreements are mutually beneficial... ISPs
are also content providers, either directly or through their customers...
peering is going to have a flow-on effect in terms of reducing the cost of
offering content to the people you peer with too, right?

Why all the focus on even or non-even-ness of up/down ratios in the first
place?

Mark.