AT&T routing issue

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Wed Nov 5 03:05:46 UTC 2008

:In short yes.   AT&T uses a customer specific access list to perform a
:uRPF like function.   That is, if your provider did not request for
:their provider to have AT&T update their filter.

Indeed.  We've used ATT MIS for many years and have been happy with their
policies (which have blunted quite a few DDOS attacks), and their response
to acl mod requests.  They do tend to take longer than I'd like
(on the order of several business days) for standard requests, though if
you request expedition, response time is impressive.

Overall, thumbs up.

:AT&T MIS Maintenance
:888-613-6330 Prompt-3, 2
:rm-awmis at ems.att.com

Yep.  Always quite responsive.  As with any other vendor, if you feel the
person handling the call isn't qualified, escalate.