amazonaws.com?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Thu May 29 01:43:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Dorn Hetzel wrote:

> I would think that simply requiring some appropriate amount of irrevocable
> funds (wire transfer, etc) for a deposit that will be forfeited in the case
> of usage in violation of AUP/contract/etc would be both sufficient and not
> excessive for allowing port 25 access, etc.

  Until you find out that the source of those supposedly irrevocable funds
  was stolen or fraudulent, and you have some sort of court subpoena to give
  it back.

  I don't believe there is a way for you to outwit the scammer/spammer by
  making them pay more of their or someone elses money.  If you have what
  they need, they'll find a way to trick you into giving it to them.

Beckman