amazonaws.com?

Sargun Dhillon sdhillon at decarta.com
Wed May 28 16:03:12 UTC 2008

Has Amazon given an official statement on this? It would be nice to get
someone from within Amazon to give us their official view on this. It
would be even more appropriate for the other cloud infrastructures to
join in, and or have some sort of RFC to do with SMTP access within the
"cloud." I forsee this as a major problem as the idea of "the cloud" is
being pushed more and more. You are talking about a spammers dream. Low
cost , powerful resources with no restrictions and complete anonymity.

Personally I'm going to block *.amazonaws.com from my mail server until
Amazon gives us a statement on how they are planning on fighting spam
from the cloud.

--
+1.925.202.9485
Sargun Dhillon