[Nanog-futures] Announce list: Re: Hughes Network

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Fri May 23 13:57:12 UTC 2008

On 22 May 2008, at 23:16, James R. Cutler wrote:

> The announcement was made to nanog-announce, but not to nanog. I
> would expect that there are scads more readers of nanog than of
> nanog announce.

When I was sending things to nanog-announce, it was the case that mail
to nanog-announce was sent to people who had specifically subscribed
to that list, plus anybody who hadn't but who was subscribed to nanog
(in other words, it was sent to the union of both lists).

That might have changed since the transition to mailman. It seemed
like a useful approach, though.

Joe