[NANOG] Unique v6 (video) content

Michal Krsek michal at krsek.cz
Wed May 21 06:02:51 UTC 2008

Hi Marc,

> > if you (or other users) have not enough capacity for watching 1.5 Mb/
> > s stream, you can use lower (comodity) bitrate. You can use comodity
> > URLs:
> >
> > http://master.nacevi.cz/asx/ct24livewh.asx (400 Kb/s)
> >
> > http://master.nacevi.cz/asx/ct24livewl.asx (225 Kb/s)
>
> exellent Michal
>
> is this multicasted ?

No it is not. I have no reliable access to mbone and multicast penetration
on public Internet here in central europe is "not very wide". So it makes no
sense to deal with multicast. Rather I'm investing my time to support IPv6,
this looks like it has more perspective :-)

> what server software you use for ipv6 streaming  ?

Windows Media Server on top of POS (Picture Operating System - WM 2003
server).

> is there a way to stream via rtp/ rtsp over ipv6 aswell ;) ?

WM is serving data over rtsp as well as over http. ASX file is only pointer
to the stream. As I understand the technology, server will negotiate with
your client and they try to use ports in following order 1775 (mms) -> 554
(rtsp) -> 80 (http).

                Regards
                    Michal