[NANOG] Installation troubles with GlobalCrossing

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Mon May 19 17:57:09 UTC 2008

> From nanog-bounces at nanog.org  Mon May 19 06:30:15 2008
> From: Erich Hohermuth <eh at profzone.ch>
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:29:39 +0200
> Subject: Re: [NANOG] Installation troubles with GlobalCrossing
>
> Dear list,
>
> Thanks to everyone who has respond to me by privat mails.
>
> > I just want to ask if anyone else have major troubles to install new or
> > upgrade services with Global Crossing ?
>
> It seems that I'm not the only one who has troubles with installations
> and trouble tickets in the past 12 months. I also get some offers from
> competitors which promise to bring up a point two point link within 10
> days.

Easy way to find out if the competitors mean it, or are just more marketing
smoke --  see if they'll sign a contract with the fixed turn-up date, *AND*
a, say, 500 Euro/day penalty (payable in cash, not just a service credit) for
each day they miss the promised date.  If they won't sign that contract, ask
"why not?"  The non-answers for that can be really entertaining.  <wry grin>