[NANOG] IOS rootkits

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 19 03:57:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Dragos Ruiu <dr at kyx.net> wrote:
> So in my opinion the benefits of discussing serious issues at conferences
> far outweigh the potential drawbacks of misguided media coverage of them.
> What I infer from your post is that you are of the opinion that issues such

Well, there are any number of closed, no media, relevant people only
conferences, or communities like nsp-sec,  that come in useful

Report to CSIRT by all means but that doesnt imply  "brush it under
the carpet".  Getting releases out and fixes (if only router
management bcp like in Joel Jaeggli's post) without various people
spreading FUD about it should certainly be an achievable goal?

srs