[NANOG] msnalerts at microsoft.com invalid now (Was Re: Microsoft.com PMTUD black hole?)

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Fri May 16 19:50:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, 07 May 2008 12:24:57 -0700
Nathan Anderson/FSR <nathana at fsr.com> wrote:

> Here is a brief update on the situation:
> Team.  They, in turn, forwarded my message on to
> msnalerts at microsoft.com, which generated a ticket # for me and is, as I
> understand it, the e-mail address I was looking for in the first place
> (leads to their network/system people).

Doesn't look like it unfortunately. I've just tried to use this email
address to advise them of some routing issues we're having with new
APNIC IP ranges (114/8 specifically), and I've just got:

msnalerts at microsoft.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<msnalerts at microsoft.com>:
host mailb.microsoft.com []: 550 5.1.1 User unknown

        "Sheep are slow and tasty, and therefore must remain constantly
                                   - Bruce Schneier, "Beyond Fear"