[NANOG] Microsoft.com PMTUD black hole?

Blaine Christian blaine at blaines.net
Thu May 8 16:27:49 UTC 2008

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their support and concern.
We certainly have a lot of things to "fix" at Microsoft.   In fact, I can
tell you that we have several brand new positions open (working on my team
and for teams near mine) and could use more hands at the tiller.

My apologies to the moderators for posting a help wanted but I figure since
folks are expressing concerns with Microsoft networking they should have the
opportunity to come over and help.

We have an INCREDIBLE amount of interesting work ahead of us.   I can't
really speak to it directly but I can tell you that this is a really good
place to be if you think big.  We have a very interesting playbook for the
next few years.   Keep in mind that this is one of the few spots where
thinking big can actually result in action.

The current positions...

Principal Network Engineer		204091
Senior Network Engineer		185014
SR PM 		220793
IT/Ops PM 2		220797
Network Engineer 3		226032
Group Manager, Core Engineering 		227621
Senior Network Engineer		229347
BOSD Network Engineer		231413
BOSD Senior Network Engineer		231414

If you think you have what it takes go check out these positions at
http://www.microsoft.com/careers and apply (the numbers to the right are the
job codes).   Microsoft is an incredible place to work if you truly enjoy
what you do.

To be honest I don't read as much NANOG as I did a number of years ago.   I
had a couple friends point this thread out to me.   I hope you are all doing
well.

Regards,

Blaine