[NANOG] Microsoft.com PMTUD black hole?

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Wed May 7 07:12:45 UTC 2008

Nathan Anderson/FSR wrote:
> A member of Microsoft's GNS network escalations team saw my postings on
> NANOG about this issue and took offense at my use of this forum to raise
> this issue with them, and criticized me as being unprofessional and
> lacking in business acumen.

Hang on a tick. Aren't you one of their customers...<looking through
mail spool>...

 > As I pointed out in my post earlier today timestamped at 2:29PM, I was
 > using an XP SP3 host to perform my tests with...

...why yes, you are.

I can't think of any other supplier that would be so unprofessional and
so lacking in business acumen as to say that their customer was UALIBI.

Amazing. A fine case study of a person in customer contact undoing the
work of millions of dollars in PR.  Whatever you say about Steve Ballmer
he's a great sales person at heart. He must despair at some of his staff.

--
  Glen Turner